As the temperature outside continues to drop, the temperature of your hot tub stays nice & warm. While swimming & soaking aren’t often thought of as a winter recreational activity doesn’t mean you should forget about your hot tub! Here are the top 7 reasons to enjoy your hot tub in the cold weather.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. With the holidays upon us, stress and anxiety can rise. Soaking in a hot tub raises your body temperature which releases stress-fighting hormones, allowing you to relax and ready to conquer the rest of your day.
- Improves sleep. Similar to a bath or long shower, soaking in a hot tub increases your body temperature which helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep.
- Alleviates joint pain. Being in water makes you 90% more buoyant than being on land. This feeling of floating takes the tension and weight off your joints and allows them to relax.
- Healthy for your heart. Your heart rate increases and your blood pressure decreases when soaking in a hot tub. However, if you have heart problems please consult your doctor before enjoying a hot tub.
- Lose toxins. Sweating allows your body to relieve itself of toxins. This will also help with sore throats, congestion and sinuses.
- Clear skin. Increased circulation within your body means more nutrients are being delivered to your skin. Not to mention that stress and anxiety are a leading cause of aging skin as well. Soaking in a hot tub is a win for your skin.
- Improves mood. Just like at a beach, being in a hot tub makes you feel warm, relaxed and happy. For most of us, access to the beach is limited but a hot tub is within walking distance from your back door.
Improve your mind and body through hot tubs this year & make the winter blues drift away.