If you’re going to carve out time to exercise, why not make it as enjoyable as possible? Owning a swimming pool can have great benefits for your health if you choose to utilize it for low impact exercises.
Even if you only find yourself dipping into your pool once a week for a quick workout session, it could increase your strength and clarity.
Here are a few benefits of swimming to better your physical health according to Swimming.org:
- Swimming can give you a full body workout
- Great way to destress as many believe the water has a calming effect
- A gentle swim can burn as many as 200 calories in 30 minutes
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Increase energy levels
- A form of exercise that doesn’t require much sweating
Our family has multiple pets, and we want them to enjoy the water but we’re afraid for their safety. What are some key items we should know about owning pets and a swimming pool?
When you’re enjoying the swimming pool, of course you don’t want your furry friends to miss the fun. While they can have a great time with you in the water, there are some precautions to take to ensure they remain safe.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- If you have an animal that requires outside time, you’ll want to install a fence around your pool to prevent them from entering at unwanted times
- Pets should safely enter the pool using a pet-safe ladder
- You may want to equip your pool with an alarm just in case your furry friend finds their way into the backyard without your knowledge.
Overall, you should make sure your animals are familiar with the water (ex: how to enter and exit the pool), but you don’t want them to take a dip unsupervised.