Build family memories: Whether it’s a pool party of a lazy afternoon in the sun, a pool is the perfect place to gather around.
Great form of exercise: You can skip the gym and use your pool as a low-impact form of exercise.
It’s your vacation spot: When you’ve had a long day at work, your pool will be the place you’ll want to unwind.
Make a good impression: When selling your home, potential buyers could be truly impressed by your pool amenity and which could help close the deal.
It’s great for your kids: Teens will want to hang out with their friends (which means they’ll be closer to home) and kids will play until they tire out.
My family is looking to buy a home soon with a pool in the backyard. What are some items we should look for during the process?
We’re excited to hear your family is interested in purchasing a new home (and pool). Many homeowners believe pools add value to their property and provide an outdoor space for families to make memories.
While you’re on the hunt, here are a few things to ask:
- What was the estimate monthly maintenance charge for the pool?
- How old is the pool?
- When was the last time the pool has been cleaned/maintained?
- Is a pool fence required for safety?
Additionally, once you’ve discovered a home you’d like to put an offer on, you’ll want to find an inspector familiar with pool maintenance.
- Swimming can give you a full body workout
- Great way to destress as many believe the water has a calming effect
- A gentle swim can burn as many as 200 calories in 30 minutes
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Increase energy levels
- A form of exercise that doesn’t require much sweating
- If you have an animal that requires outside time, you’ll want to install a fence around your pool to prevent them from entering at unwanted times
- Pets should safely enter the pool using a pet-safe ladder
- You may want to equip your pool with an alarm just in case your furry friend finds their way into the backyard without your knowledge.
If you’ve been a pool owner for any amount of time, you’ve been told to use a pool cover. Traditional pool covers help keep dirt, leaves and other unwanted items out of your pool.
There is also another type of pool cover that has gained popularity – a solar pool cover. Not only does it keep debris out of your pool, it also heats your pool without fancy cords or machines. Solar pool covers capture the energy of the sun to keep your water warm.
In addition, solar pool covers also help keep more water in your pool by limiting the amount of evaporation that occurs.
This type of pool cover is recommended for those who live in a sunny area and want to save money.