How many types of pool pumps are on the market and how do I choose which one is best for me?
That’s a great question because having the correct pump for your pool can make all the difference in how much you need to maintain your water.
Here are the three main types of pumps:
- Single-speed pump: Offers one speed and is usually controlled by a timer. While the timer does the work for you, there isn’t an option to lower the speed to save energy costs.
- Two-speed pump: Has a high speed and low-speed switch that can help you control energy costs.
- Variable-speed pumps: Allows you to change the flow rate of the water.
We recommend in-ground equipment from Hayward.
Have more questions about pool pumps, give us a call at (317) 650-5131.
Build family memories: Whether it’s a pool party of a lazy afternoon in the sun, a pool is the perfect place to gather around.
Great form of exercise: You can skip the gym and use your pool as a low-impact form of exercise.
It’s your vacation spot: When you’ve had a long day at work, your pool will be the place you’ll want to unwind.
Make a good impression: When selling your home, potential buyers could be truly impressed by your pool amenity and which could help close the deal.
It’s great for your kids: Teens will want to hang out with their friends (which means they’ll be closer to home) and kids will play until they tire out.
My family is looking to buy a home soon with a pool in the backyard. What are some items we should look for during the process?
We’re excited to hear your family is interested in purchasing a new home (and pool). Many homeowners believe pools add value to their property and provide an outdoor space for families to make memories.
While you’re on the hunt, here are a few things to ask:
- What was the estimate monthly maintenance charge for the pool?
- How old is the pool?
- When was the last time the pool has been cleaned/maintained?
- Is a pool fence required for safety?
Additionally, once you’ve discovered a home you’d like to put an offer on, you’ll want to find an inspector familiar with pool maintenance.
- Swimming can give you a full body workout
- Great way to destress as many believe the water has a calming effect
- A gentle swim can burn as many as 200 calories in 30 minutes
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Increase energy levels
- A form of exercise that doesn’t require much sweating